The Social Work Toolkit is an online resource which brings together a wealth of content designed to help social work students develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to succeed on their course and placements.
Introducing The Social Work Toolkit
Content is divided into five key themes typically found on a Social Work course:
- Communication Skills
- Professionalism in Practice
- Ethics, Values and Diversity
- Assessment and Intervention
- Lifecourse Perspectives
Resources within each theme include:
- Expert opinions: Specially commissioned articles by academics, professionals and service users
- Quick guides: Summary sheets on a wide range of topics for easy reference
- Interactive quizzes: Enabling students to reflect on the suitability of their responses to different professional scenarios
- Preparation for practice: Invaluable tips and insights from professionals, students and service users
- Case studies: Scenarios from a range of perspectives providing thought-provoking discussion points
- Book chapters: Selected from our highly regarded list of social work textbooks
The resources are accompanied by learning objectives, reflective questions, links to policy and law, and further resource suggestions, helping students to critically engage with the subject, and build on their knowledge.